So i took a little time out from social media and my blog because my headspace wasn’t a pleasant place to be if I’m honest.
BUT i feel refreshed my priorities and goals are in place and I’m ready to come back!!!
I will be blogging twice a week not sure what days i wont set certain days it’ll just be as and when i have content some weeks it’ll be more than twice some it might be once and occasionally it’ll be none and that’s ok 🙂
Also…..I’m going to start vlogging again, i deleted the 2 blogs I’d done because i felt i wasn’t myself and felt the content wasn’t what i wanted my blogs to be, i have some very very VERY exciting adventures coming up in the next few months that are much more worthy of vlogging so that is my plan moving forward 🙂
Also last thing, if anybody wants to collaborate on a post with me then please get in contact I’d love to start featuring more of you guys on my blog so let’s do this!!
Hope everyone’s well lots of love light and sparkles love Natalie xxx
Today’s post is part rant and part informative (I hope)
A little backstory…..For context…
When I was 19 I started to feel unwell, I was constantly sick, felt tired all the time and picked up every bug going round, it took the doctors 8months to finally find out what was wrong with me, I had an underactive thyroid, thankfully it’s treatable with a daily tablet but it will never get better, it’s a life long illness. For a while the tablets seemed to lessen my symptoms, then I got glandular fever, which caused my immune system to shut down I was bed bound for nearly 3 months. I now have underactive thyroid, fatigue and autoimmune deficiency, I am in pain daily, I’m tired I get ill at the drop of a hat I have to be careful what I eat as thyroid can lead to a form of IBS so certain foods cause me to be sick! I have no anti bodies so even a cold can leave me bed bound as my body doesn’t know how to fight off the infection I’m more susceptible to sinusitis and ear nose and throat infections it’s just bloody hard work somedays I won’t lie!
Back story complete here’s the rant part…
Today I feel rough. A worse day shall we call it I don’t remember feeling ‘well’ but I don’t complain (often) I’m running on 4 1/2 hours sleep there’s so many bugs going round at work that I’m frightened I’ll catch I’ve got a huge headache and just feel poop….I was meant to go out today but cancelled I was also meant to go out last night but had to cancel now thankfully my friends and family are understanding of my situation and know that I am regrettably flaky!! However today I told my husband I wasn’t going out and he responds with ‘but you have to’ yes even my husband whose been with me for 10years can sometimes forget what it’s like!! So I’m here to say that regardless of whether you have an illness you don’t HAVE to do anything. I said this to him with a scowl on my face because I was annoyed! I didn’t have to go out it would’ve been nice to go out but I didn’t have to what I wanted to do was rest because this week is going to be one hectic week and I already know that by Sunday my body will be ready to give up!! I’m not articulating my thoughts well at all I’m too tired I just wanted to get the message across that all you ever have to do….Is what you darn well want to, and today I wanted to lounge around in my PJs and have a ‘sick’ day! That’s ok, you should never apologise or feel obligated to be anything other than yourself! It’s not selfish or rude or unsociable to focus on yourself once in a while so just remember that my loves
Rant over! Xx
Hello my loves I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and a Fabulous New year 🙂
So a few things…..
1 I’ve created an Instagram account for my blog, I think I’d like to keep my personal Instagram account for you know food pictures and selfies haha!! So if you could go and give that a follow I would appreciate it alot as I’ll be linking my blog to the account 🙂
2 I have set a few goals this year- Exercise more, Drink more water, Take more photos,Live in the moment,Take a day away from technology,Read more!
3 I’m so excited for the content I’m preparing for my blog this year…Trust me guys this year I’m going to be more present on my blog!!!
4 I have spent the day doing something everyone should do especially at this time of year, I deleted a tonne of people from Facebook &Instagram that either I didn’t want to see, who ignored me in person ( why do people do that friend you on social media but ignore you irl?) Or that I just couldn’t be bothered with their drama any more!! I also went through my emails and unsubscribed to so many annoying mailing lists that I had been part of!!
So that’s it my quick update!!! Hope your all well 🙂
This is my Instagram account give it a follow 😀 xx
The lovely Alanna from imagalaxygirl blog nominated me for this award 🙂 I wish I knew how to link to her actual blog on this app grrrr!!
So here are the rules
Write a post to show the award
Thank the person
Briefly describe your journey as a blogger
Give advice to other bloggers
Nominate other bloggers
So thank you so much Alanna truly I am so glad that we have met through this platform and I love seeing how much you’ve grown through your blogging!!!
My personal journey has been a good one I started this blog for myself thinking noone would read it here I am 200+ followers later and I am so thankful!!! Fashion has always been my main focus in this blog it’s the way that I express myself I was bullied at school for the way I dressed so to see people inspired by my fashion choices and being genuine and kind about my style is a very lovely thing! I decided this year to branch out a little incorporate myself and my life into this blog a little more and I’m glad that you guys are enjoying those types of posts too!!
Be yourself and be happy. This should be for you this should be a hobby if you find a way to make it big from this great but don’t loose the reason you started in all of that. Don’t beat yourself up if your posts don’t get lots of likes or if you said you’d post at 8every night but can’t life gets in the way sometimes and that’s a good thing you should be out there living your life ❤ we are a family and we will all still be here to read your posts even if they are “late” xx
I nominate anyone who wants to do this because I love all of you xx
Hi guys feels like forever since I blogged! This month has been crazy and has flown by super fast! I apologise for the lack of outfit posts but I have been super busy I have however picked up some amazing pieces from eBay&my local charity shops so as of 1st March my Totally Thrifted series will resume!!! I am a little early as there’s still two days of February left but thought I’d do my February Favourites whilst I actually had some spare time!!! So here goes 🙂
The body shops strawberry hand cream! Oh my this smells amazing! 😍one of the lovely girls at work brought me this for my birthday and honestly it’s beautiful the smell is so sweet and it leaves my hands feeling really soft!
I’m not a pyjama wearing person usually I just chuck on some joggers and a tshirt but when I was in primark the other day I saw this Harry Potter set (it has a matching top) for £10 and had to buy them!! These trousers are lightweight but some warm and comfy I really never want to take them off!! I’ve been very unsociable this month preferring to cosy up with a good book in bed.
😍OH.MY.GOD!! I am so late to the party on this one but I started watching pretty little liars last Monday and I am in love with it!!! I had to order the boxset!!! It’s brilliant!! Please no spoilers I’ve managed to avoid them even though I’m waaaay behind!!
Lastly I’ve been wearing this cute gold heart necklace I picked up for £1 at the salvation army charity shop its so dainty and lovely it goes with everything! I’ve also gotten back into my crystals my favourites this month have been my rose quartz and my amethyst x
So there it is February all wrapped up!!
Ok so seriously Thank You!! I can’t even believe I reached 200!! Thank you to all my recent followers and to everyone whose supported me from the beginning! Honestly your support means so much to me! As a fun little way of celebrating I found 100 questions that I thought would be funny to answer! I’m not expecting you to read all the answers if you do well done!! Love you all so very much! X 😘Thank you for your continued support x
1.What’s your full name? Natalie Church (was Gordon)
2.How old are you? I just turned 28
3.Whens your birthday? 17th January
4. What starsign does that make you? Capricorn
5. What’s your favourite colour? Royal Blue
6. What’s your lucky number? 13 I’m superstitious of odd numbers except 13!
7. Do you have any pets? 1 cat called Molly
8. Where are you from? A city called Peterborough
9. How tall are you? 5″ 1 and a half!
10. What shoe size are you? 4
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Umm at last count around 80
12. If you were prime !minister what laws would you make? I’d ban photoshopping in media no longer would young girls be led to believe that that is perfect. Body confidence would be taught in schools I’d also make three day weekends a law!!!
13. If you were a superhero what powers would you have? Flight I hate aeroplanes but want to travel the world lol!!
14. And what would your superhero name be? Wonder Witch
15. And what outfit would you wear? A cloak definitely a cloak! And a moon sun and star print dress with super cute t bar shoes!!
16. What was your last dream about? Ok I watched insurgent before bed last night so I dreamt I was stuck in a simulation trying to rescue Harry llyod from a giant spider that kept turning into a vampire…yeah
17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Give some to charity splurge on my friends and family buy a trip to new Zealand save some.
18. Would you like to build/design your own house? NO! New builds are a disaster in my opinion I’d prefer a house with character that I can decorate how I like!!
19. Which form of public transport do you prefer? Walking. Buses round here are awful!
20. What talents do you have? I can make really good playdoh in my job that’s a great talent to have!!
21. Can you juggle? Only with two balls I just have no hand eye coordination for three
22. Can you solve a rubix cube? No 😥
23. Do you have a cherished childhood teddy bear? Yes her names puffalump
24.Are you psychic in any way? No but my grandad has premonition dreams
25.Are you a good dancer? I took dance at school I think I can bust a move when needed
26. Are you a good singer? Again I think I’m great but I really can’t hold a tune at all!!
27.Are you a good cook? I’ve attempted to cook 5 times three I ended up in a&e with various cut wounds the 4th I burnt myself and the 5th I dropped all the potatoes in the sink 😥
28.Are you a good artist? I give it a good go!
29. Are you a good listener? I work in childcare my job depends on me being a good listener!
30. Are you a good public speaker? No I hate my voice and get all clammy and stutter I fall over my words!
31. Are you a good babysitter? I’ve only ever babysat my mums friends kids like twice
32.Are you a good mechanic? I know nothing about cars I couldn’t even find the washer fluid cap haha!!
33. Are you a good diplomat? Again working with children I think km good at being diplomatic in my decision making!!
34. Are you a good employee? I’d hope so! I turn up early stay late work extra hours I’m passionate about my job and get all my work done without fail.
35.Are you a good dresser? Objectively yes in the way that I love every outfit I wear hence the fashion blog!! It’s not for everyone but so long as I’m happy and comfortable Its all good.
36.Are you a good swimmer? No I hate swimming my body in a swim suit NO!
37. Are you a good skier? Never tried it
38.Are you a good lover? I could have taken this the wrong way haha! I think I am in the way that I’m patient and a good listener we’ve been together 9 years surely that’s a testament to both of our love.
39. Are you a good musician? No unless it’s a tambourine solo of twinkle twinkle little star I own that song!!
40.Are you a good comedian? I’m 5″ 1 with frizzy hair I’m 28 and still have spots I was bullied at school of course I’m a good comedian its all that helped me survive being the”funny” friend.
41.Are you a good cleaner? I’m OCD with cleanliness I have a major routine to clean my house it takes three hours to complete
42.Are you a good actor? I wanted to be an actress so bad I starred in school plays and am dram I think I’m quite dramatic haha!!
43. Are you a good writer? i start off with good intentions then get bored fair play to these authors honestly!
44.Have you ever been bungee jumping? God no!
45) Have you ever been canoeing/kayaking? Again God no!
46) What types of holidays do you prefer? Adventure I’m not one of these lay on the beach sunbathing girls I love exploring finding out all I can about the place I’m staying!!
47) Whats the furthest you’ve ever been on holiday? Texas it was amazing!!
48) What was your favourite holiday? Honeymoon we went to Cornwall it was so beautiful!
49) Where would your dream holiday be? New Zealand I want no NEED to visit Hobbiton!!!
50) Can you tap dance? No, no I canot I wish I could though
51) Whats your favourite zoo animal? Penguin 🐧
52) Whats your favourite sport? Quidditch.
53) Whats your favourite food? Chocolate. Or pasta. Or chicken. Or salt and vinegar crisps
54) Whats your favourite pizza topping? Ham&pineapple
55) Whats your favourite film? Raaaar umm Harry Potter lotr the hobbit movies
56) Whats your favourite song? I’ll follow you by shinedown
57) Whats your favourite alcoholic drink? White zinfandel
58) Whats your favourite non-alcoholic drink?Dr pepper or cherry pepsi
59) Whats your favourite TV programme? Raaar again ummm BBT Once on a time Merlin Robin Hood My Mad Fat Diary
60) Whats your favourite boyband? Fall out Boy
61) Whats your favourite girl group? Spice Girls
62) What would be your ideal partner? My husband 🙂 corny I know ❤
63) Do you want children? Desperately sadly we are facing problems conceiving at the moment its a heartbreaking thing to deal with and is exhausting to go through.
64) Do you want a church wedding? I’m already married we got married in a registry office religion is an grey book for me I didn’t feel right getting married in a church
65) Are you religious? Haha hadn’t seen this question when I wrote that answer! I believe there’s something after life where its one bearded dude that created earth in 7 days and only good people with angel wings and halos I’m not sure if that’s your religious concept I completely respect that I respect everyone’s views
66) Do you like reality TV programmes? No except Rupaul
67) Do you like TV talent shows? The voice and Britain’s got talent that’s all.
68) If you were gay who would your life partner be? Oooo ummm hmmm Ruby Rose is stunning so is Anna Kendrick ooo or Emma Watson
69) If you could go back in time to change one thing what would it be? I’d stop me and my husband going on a break we split up after 2 years of dating for a few months and I hated it
70) How many hats do you own? Umm about 8?
71) Are you any good at pool? No I suck at it haha!!
72) Whats the highest you’ve ever jumped into the water from? I don’t jump into water see the whole swimming answer!!
73) Have you ever been admitted to hospital? Yes at 14 I was hit by a car fracturing my pelvis I’ve also been in to have my wisdom teeth removed
74) Have you ever had any brushes with the law? I’ve been stopped by police once they saw I was a female driver and I’d turned into a dodgy area to drop my friend off at a walk through they wanted to make sure I was OK 🙂
75) Have you ever been on TV? Only on the local news for an am dram report about a play we were putting on!
76) Have you ever met any celebrities? Yes I’ve met danni harmer (Tracey beaker)
77) Have you ever been to Legoland? No 😥
78) Have you ever done something heroic? I wouldn’t know I do good deeds when I can whether they’ve been heroic I don’t know!
79) Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? My brother all the time it’s a big sisters prerogative
80) Have you ever been the recipiant of a practical joke? Yes sadly my brother grew up and got his own back!
81) What would be your best achievement to date? Marrying my husband trust me after years and years of grinding him down I finally made him commit :p
82) Do you prefer baths or showers? Baths
83) Do you prefer blow drying or natural drying your hair? Natural
84) Have you ever built a snowman? Of course! I love snow!!!
85) Have you ever been sledging? Yes when I was little
86) Have you ever flown a kite? Yes again when I was little
87) What colour socks are you wearing? None as I’ve just had a bath!
88) If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Hobbiton…no seriously haha!! Ummm a cottage or farm house in the country somewhere
89) Have you ever been famous? Sadly no
90) Would you like to be a big celebrity? Some times I think it would be great to be am actress expressing myself through film or a famous author but there’s so much pressure on celebrities and fame is a fickle mistress
91) Would you ever go on Big Brother? No way
92) What did you want to be when you grew up? I legit thought princess was a job role 😦
93) What is your most essential appliance? Ghds
94) What type of music do you like? All sorts literally all sorts I’m having a very big 90s pop punk grunge phase ATM!
95) Have you ever been skinnydipping? No I’m a prude haha
96) How many Pillows do you sleep with? 2
97) What position do you often sleep in? Curled up in a ball
98) Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Sunsets
99) Favourite Milkshake flavour? Chocolate
100) If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? My confidence I’m so not as body confident as I feel I should be!!
What a lovely thing to wake up to! The very lovely Alanna from imagalaxygirl.wordpress.com nominated me for this award so thank you very much 😘 Go check out her blog 🙂 Alanna is a fresh new blogger who blogs a wide variety of subjects from fashion ideas to baking and she really cares about her followers 🙂 shes very supportive and super nice x
So the rules
Post the award on your blog
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 8bloggers with under 200 followers
Post 8random facts about yourself
Answer the questions given and create 8 questions for your nominees to answer 🙂
Ok so my nominees there aren’t 8 I’m afraid and some of these have way more than 200 followers lucky devils!! These people are bloggers that personally support my blog and whose blogs I’m loving right now!! If I could nominate my whole followers list I would!!! So these are the 6 I’ve chosen and if any of my lovely followers that aren’t nominated want to join in then that’s fine too 🙂
* abrashattitude.wordpress. com
8 Random Facts
1) I once got through to the final audition stages for SKINS (a UK TV programme) I was going to be in series 3 but lost out in the final 2 😦
2) I’m scared of clowns and people in costume. I don’t mind costumes where its simply make up I’m talking like mascot style costume where you can’t see the persons face 😦
3) I have small feet so many of my shoes are sourced from the kids section 😀
4) Aged 13 I was hit by a car the impact fractured part of my pelvis because of this I now have flat feet and my knees face inwards instead of straight 13 years on I still get bad pains 😦
5) I’m naturally a mousy brown hair colour but have Dyed my hair properly since I was 16
6) I had a major spice girls obsession like every inch of my bedroom wall was covered in spice girls posters I even had the dolls,CDs,outfits so I could dress as the spice girls I was a true fan
7) I’ve never been to a Festival like a proper massive festival I really want to go to the secret garden party!!
8) The most famous person I’ve met who I nearly cried when I met them was dani harmer (Tracey beaker herself!!!!) She was doing a panto in Peterborough and I sold her some shoes 🙂
Questions for you:
1. If your blog became famous (like Zoë Suggs for example) would you still be the same blogger or would you change?
I’d remain the same, my blog is my creative outlet if it became famous for its content I wouldn’t want to change I’d still be the person that I am as that’s what would have gotten me famous I wouldn’t bow to peer pressure or change it for the sake of it “stay true to yourself”
2. Books or films? Why?
Such a hard question!! I love films don’t get me wrong but books are better you can loose yourself in your own imagination there’s so much that have been missed out of film adaptations so I always prefer books.
3. Your favourite picture. (Doesnt have to be you) why is it your favourite?
Getting the keys to our house, hilarious Throwback photo of my famalam,going to the Harry Potter studio tour with my brother,favourite photo from our wedding day and Molly my fur baby.
4. Would you ever do a meet up and meet your followers?
Of course my followers make my blog I’d love to meet you guys take photos share inspirations, shop!! Would be awesome…but would you guys want to meet me??
5. Do you like the hunger games? Explain your answer
Ummm silly question of course I do!!! I read the first two books after seeing the first 3 films so didn’t read the last book as didn’t want the final part spoilt for me!! I honestly prefer the books but the films are still amazing
6. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” do you agree with this quote? Why?
I think beauty is a universal concept that has been given so many different meanings by different people. Life is beauty. The natural world is beauty. Being yourself is beauty. I think for me its a strange quote everyone is beautiful&unique
7. What do you love about yourself? (Try naming 5)
5 things really? Umm I love my eyes. My tiny feet and stature meaning I can buy from the kids section! My hair even if it does go crazy curly!
8. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever said to your parents?
“I’m getting married” me and Darren have been together 9 years next year to be honest I’d given up hope that we would get married!! So to actually say to my parents we are engaged to be married was super weird!!! X
8 questions for my nominees
1-Top 5 books&why
3-Why did you start your blog?
4-Favourite clothing shop?
5-Where do you draw inspiration from?
6-Favourite quote and why?
7-Favourite celebrity style and why?
8-Best clothing purchase
So today marks the official birthday of Blog On Nerdy Natalie ❤ One year ago today I made the decision to start a fashion blog and I am so happy I did 🙂 I have met some amazing people through blogging that are encouraging supportive and inspiring to me so thank you to each and every one of my followers I am so thankful that you’ve followed me on my journey and I hope your support continues through this next year 🙂 x I thought I’d do a round up of my favourite looks from over this past year to look back on how far I’ve come from my first post! X So here’s to the next year and love to you all X
I have very kindly been nominated for the versatile blogger award by Laura Troke link to her blog here -> Thank you so much 🙂
So here are the rules
1. Show the award on your blog.
2. Thank the person that has nominated you.
3. Share 7 different facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
5. Link your nominees & let them know of your nomination.
So 7 different facts about me
1- I am only 5″1 ( and a half!)
2-I read the 4th,5th,6th&7th Harry potter books the day they were released i didn’t want any spoilers so shut myself away in my room and read them start to finish! I even went to tesco at midnight to buy the 6th&7th!
3-I work in a Preschool. I’ve worked in childcare for nearly 7 years now 🙂
4-I love Disney movies Alice in Wonderland is my fav
5-I love Harry Potter, Lord of the rings and The Hobbit like ALOT! Like saw every movie the day it was released (except the LOTR which i watched day of release on dvd)
6-I am a keen gardener I love my little garden at home and i am currently creating a little vegetable patch to grow my own produce this year 🙂
7-I auditioned for a role in skins and got to the final 10!!
Now my nominees 🙂
Lady Haze Of Vintage
Same Tay Different Day